fitness

Life Update

Hello.

Yes, I’m still alive.
I’m aware it’s been quite some time since I’ve posted and I sincerely apologize.

I have a real reason this time, though. I bought a house!

And holy crap on a stick it is the most stressful and exhausting and demanding thing I have ever done. Don’t get me wrong, I love having my own space, and I love the outcome when things go right – but they rarely do.  It’s been hectic.

Generally speaking, I feel like 60% of my time is spent shopping and the other 40% is spent doing “house projects” that fail. Want me to run through my list? Great. Here ya go:

I couldn’t change my door knobs because I was trying to put them on incorrectly – aka backwards.

It took me 3 hours to assemble a coffee table and two end tables that I got from Target, and they’re not done correctly.

I cannot for the life of me purchase a lightbulb that is WHITE and not YELLOW (I’ve tried 3 times).

I tried hanging up dual curtains without purchasing a dual curtain rod. I finally got the rod and hooked it up, but it doesn’t match. So now I need to go buy a new one.

I bought new, silver, door handles for every closet in my house because the old ones are gold and nasty. However, the latch holes are a different size and they don’t fit.

I feel like I could go on for days but I won’t do that to you. All in all, it’s been tough. On the bright side, I got new couches, a successfully made a blanket ladder and a bench, i took down some nasty hooks in the kitchen, I repainted the basement stair hallway — so I have had some successes!

Last week both my credit card and debit card got hacked as well, so that was fun. I ended up having to cancel both and get some new ones – still waitin on that debit card to arrive.

Let’s get to the point here though – I have NOT been dieting. By any means. I gave up on RP about 3 weeks ago (right before I bought my house) and I have just been eating and eating and eating ever since. I’m a stress eater. Baked goods & snacks don’t stand a chance. I promised myself, though, that I’m going to get as much done in the house this weekend as I possibly can so that on Monday I can hopefully be much less stressed than I have been. Wish me luck.

I also plan on making a delicious meal prep for the week on Sunday so you’ll be gettin some recipes soon 🙂

Again, I apologize for the lack of posts and the fact that I gave up on RP before I was supposed to but hey, life happens.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s